Cycling South AmericaHello and welcome to my blog! It will document my attempt to cycle the entire South American continent, from raising awareness and fundraising to the actual journey itself.
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/A7ZxRs45tTg?a BICEP | GLUE (Official Video) 1 week ago
- Currently working 7 days a week so not been tweeting/blogging/writing much lately - but still trying to keep the tr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- @belfastcc not impressed with bin lorries driving the wrong way up and blocking entrance to our 1-way street today… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 months ago
- @Tesco we might only be talking 10grams, but then every little helps... https://t.co/Nob68a6vAx 6 months ago
- Took 3 members of staff in Edinburgh McDonalds to verify that my Northern Ireland banknote was legal and then gave… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 7 months ago
Monthly Archives: September 2011
One of the most important – nay decisive – factors that will render the trip around South America either a huge success or a spectacular failure will be bicycle maintenance. Having the confidence and ability to confront a wide range … Continue reading
The day has finally arrived – the Cycling South America booklets are now ready! The booklet describes the journey in detail, from motivation to preparation and from the journey itself to the gear I’ll need. There’s also the obligatory page asking … Continue reading
Tonight sees the start of a three-part BBC series on contemporary South America, fronted by Jonathan Dimbleby. It’ll take in some of the places I’ll be visiting during next year’s cycle and might make for useful watching for anyone else … Continue reading
Cycling South America now has more than 25 likes on Facebook! Which means it now has a nice web address and not one that ends in a long string of random letters and numbers. Thank you everyone!
I got a very swift response to my request for hints and tips from Dave Wilson of South America Cycle fame, who very kindly pointed me in the direction of Alastair Humphreys. Alastair is an adventurer and motivational speaker with … Continue reading
If you have a look at the links section you’ll see some fascinating accounts of long-distance journeys by bike in South America and elsewhere. I’ve contacted the authors behind a few of these to see if they would be interested … Continue reading